Next Sunday, I am hoping that little Ioan will be fast asleep after celebrating his first Christmas, and I will be nursing a Baileys and eating Ferrero Rochers whilst watching some nonsense on the telly.
The turkey and Ocado shop has been ordered, the presents are wrapped, the tree is looking beautiful and the cake is ready to be decorated.
So that just leaves the week’s menu’s to sort. We have various guests visiting over the Christmas period, so will be catering for a few people. Obviously those people will be looking after Ioan while I cook, so I should be able to manage making Christmas dinner for all!
- Monday – garlic prawn pasta with Mum, who is over for a pressie exchange – yay!
- Tuesday – shepherd’s pie jackets
- Wednesday – plaice, new potatoes and veg
- Thursday – beef chilli and rice
- Friday – fish and chips
- Saturday – salmon with roasted tomatoes
- Sunday – prawn cocktail; roast turkey and all the trimmings; poached pears
- Monday – leftovers
- Tuesday – leftovers
- Wednesday – leftovers, etc, etc, etc
What delicious plans do you have for Christmas?