Last week I went to Paris for an annual web manager workshop, which has been a key part of our e-community since I joined the company 10 years ago. Although it’s mainly about work, I am proud to say that I launched a tradition which remains to this day: a shared foodie adventure where we lunch on goodies brought to share from our local regions.
Sadly I was too greedy to take many photos, but here’s a selection of what we ate:
- Pretzels, sausage, mustard and gummi bears from our German colleagues.
- Award-winning cheese from Spain.
- Salami from Italy.
- Bread with tuna, rillettes, chouquettes, biscuits, cakes, crepes with honey and cider from France (we’re a French company, so naturally French food featured as the majority of the submissions).
- Pick and mix sweeties from Belgium.
- Mini-cheddars and creme egg brownies from London! The latter was my offering, as I always like to share something classy like a creme egg with my European colleagues.
When we went out for dinner that evening, it did make me chuckle that these Kinder chocolates went with our post-dinner teas and coffees!
So what about this week? Well, I am pleased to say I have no more trips booked for a while, so can stay at home and enjoy the following:
- Monday – cacio e pepe
- Tuesday – gammon and parsley sauce
- Wednesday – sausage and pepper bake
- Thursday – Swedish meatballs
- Fridy – fish goujons
- Saturday – Andrew’s making us Juicy Lucy burgers, which are going to be a post all in themselves (if you don’t know what a Juicy Lucy is, stay tuned!)
- Sunday – roast chicken dinner
Here’s a picture of the lovely cacio e pepe which I just ate – yum!