After my two days in Paris I have been struggling to catch up with my sleep, and with my work, so am feeling a little bit stressed. I’ve had the weekend to recover a bit, so am hoping I can crack through with some work this week and get back to feeling under control.
Of course, there’s no such thing as too much sleep in my world, but a couple of lay-ins have definitely helped me to feel more human.
Being well-organised in the kitchen (and therefore well fed!) always makes me feel better, and so I’ve planned the following meals for this week:
- Monday – pea soup with smoked salmon and poached egg (possibly, I need to do some research on this and decide whether the flavour combos will work … I have gammon stock from boiling a ham today to use up and so thought it might work well)
- Tuesday – I have been invited out to Cafe Rouge for an event to try out their new menu in one of their refurbished restaurant – very exciting!
- Wednesday – chicken curry with brown rice
- Thursday – prawns with noodles
- Friday / Saturday / Sunday – Andrew might have to work over the weekend so I’ll decide on dinner closer to the time
Last week Mum came over on Wednesday and I introduced her to courgettini: courgette cut into little strips to resemble spaghetti. I just sweat the courgettini down in a little rapeseed oil so that they soften but don’t colour is all that’s needed to prepare them.
With my courgettini I served chicken wrapped in parma ham. First I quartered some tomatoes and put them in a baking tray with some garlic and rapeseed oil. I topped the tomatoes with the parma ham-wrapped chicken and roasted it all in the oven for around 25 minutes until the chicken was cooked.
I mixed the courgettini (normal pasta for Andrew) with the tomatoes, chucking in a bit of torn basil, and then put the roasted chicken on top of the mound of courgette. A little grated cheese finished the dish, and we ate it with some lovely crusty bread from the local Greek bakery. Delicious!
Do you have anything nice planned food-wise for the week?