2 weeks and 2 celebration cakes. The first for Evie’s christening, and the second for Geoff’s 60th birthday party. Phew, I will be happy to get back to evenings of just cooking dinner and letting Ioan fling it all over the place, instead of baking and icing cakes! It’s been fun, but exhausting, and I need my oven back for our normal meals.
But first, just a little recap of all the celebration cakes I have made. Starting with my first, Henry’s christening cake:
Then came Andrew’s 40th birthday cake and my personal favourite:
Then Evie’s christening cake:
And finally Geoff’s birthday cake:
All that bowl-licking is exhausting. So taking things more easily this week, the plan for the week is as follows.
- Monday – sausages and mash (bumped from the weekend, sorry ‘meat free monday’)
- Tuesday – chicken cordon bleu
- Wednesday – steak and stilton pie from Ally Pally farmer’s market
- Thursday – shepherd’s pie
- Friday – roasted cod with mashed potato
- Saturday – chicken katsu curry (just saw that this autocorrected to “chicken cat curry”!)
- Sunday – pork belly roast dinner
What do you have planned for this week? Anything exciting? No cakes please ;).