This week’s post is going to be mercifully short as I am going to be out for dinner for most of the week, so there isn’t going to be too much cooking going on. This follows on from last week’s series of nights out too. Of course I am enjoying it (my bank balance is enjoying it less), but it does make it hard to stay healthy when you are presented with the option of deep fried oreos, as I was on Thursday at Hot Box.
So this week starts today with a stay in Sandwich and a big old breakfast at The Salutation (some of you may know it as Gogglebox’s Steph and Dom’s B&B). If we have room for dinner tomorrow night, it will be some kind of chicken, pepper and chorizo concoction from goodies in the freezer.
Breakfasts this week will include my current favourite of scrambled eggs, spinach and ham (or greek yoghurt with blueberries and homemade granola), and I have plenty of root veggies in the freezer to make a warming soup for my packed lunch.
That leaves plenty of room for dinner, which will be as follows:
- Tuesday – I will be meeting my friend Tracie, who is from the North but is at a training course in London. As she takes her diet very seriously (and looks amazing because of it), we’ll be eating at Leon in Spitalfields market. I do love their butternut squash falafel so hope it’s on the menu still.
- Wednesday – I’ll be eating out at the Gherkin tonight with the Social Media Leadership Forum.
- Thursday – finally I’ll be updating Alphabet Adventures with F for French food!
- Friday – we were supposed to visiting the Canadians for dinner, but unfortunately Andrew’s going to be heading out of London for a work trip so we’ve had to reschedule. Hopefully he’ll be back in time for pizza and a binge session of Season 3 of House of Cards. I cannot wait to see how devilish Frank and Claire Underwood are going to be.
- Saturday – I think I’ll need something nice and healthy today, so hopefully Andrew will pick a good book for this week’s Cookbook Challenge.
- Sunday – St David’s Day so it’s going to have to be something Welsh!
What do you have planned for this week? Let me know in the comments section.